Going Agile

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A great valley

I recently picked up and started reading Dreaming In Code. The book is about a large software development project (I'm not too far in to it yet) and is definitely geek fare. Just from the byline (Two Dozen Programmers, Three Years, 4,732 Bugs, and One Quest for Transcendent Software) I expected the all too familiar tale of Death March development, amorphous requirements, and hi-larious hi-jinx from your standard cast of salty sailors.

That sort of oddball, hyper-stressed development seems like a distant memory to me, now that we've been doing Scrum for over 12 months. Then I looked at the copyright - 2007!!! It occurred to me how great the divide is between groups doing traditional project managment/development and agile shops. It seems hard to believe anyone still does SDLC development, but they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home